Set-Up: Last week, we took a brief look at a series of mini-essays about Chapters 5 & 6 (that were written by periods 1, 2 & 3 as a group in-class essay project). Each of you picked one you thought would be interesting based on the title alone and gave us a few things to look at that you thought was successful.
Challenge: Take a look at the full list one more time.
- Pick a new essay title to look at and read the entire essay.
- Tell us which essay you picked.
- Identify 5 very specific things in that essay that you thought were done well.
Small group mini-essay paragraph writing challenge (in lieu of the typical in-class essay):
Links to the specific student responses
- Title 1: “A State of Disarray”
- Title 2: “The De-evolution from Civilization to Savagery”
- Title 3: “The Menace Within”
- Title 4: “Descent into Darkness”
- Title 5: “Metamorphosis into a Tribal Civilization”
- Title 6: “Animals Can’t Make Fire”
- Title 7: “The Beast Within”
- Title 8: “Loss of the Supernatural Authority”
- Title 9: “Evolution of the Conch”
- Title 10: “The Call to the Wild”
- Title 11: “Devolution of the Conch”
- Title 12: “Unknown Danger”